Thursday, August 9, 2007

My pregnancy symptoms to date……

Fatigue

Tiredness has kicked in well and truly. I thought I was tired last week, but that had nothing on the last couple of days. Last night I had to raincheck a dinner date with Ann as I was so shattered (and since when would I pass up a good goss, schnitzel and a flutter!!), and I was in bed by 6.15pm and dozing off in Thank God You’re Here.

At work today, hit a wall. In the past my saviour has been either coffee or an energy drink. I’m now avoiding both to be safe, especially in these first 12 weeks. Instead, I ducked down to the local chicken shop and grabbed a Greek Salad, with the hope that this healthy alternative might kick start the energy levels…..

Frequent Urination

Well, I thought I pee’d a lot before…..sheesh, I didn’t know what the word frequent meant until now. Lots of extra exercise though rather than being stuck at my desk for hours on end…..maybe I should dig out my old pedometer……

I always believed that frequent loo stops happened in the latter stages of pregnancy, but I’ve since learnt otherwise.

Apparently, and I quote “Up to about 14 weeks of the pregnancy passing more urine is mainly because of an increase in urine production by the kidneys, due to pregnancy hormonal changes. To a lesser degree frequent urination can result from pressure on the bladder from the growing uterus as well as an increased blood supply to the pelvis.” So there.

Queasiness

Have been very lucky – no chucky vomits and don’t really expect them. Strange things make me a little queasy, but not to vomit stage. Couple of gags though, caused by the smell of freshly mown grass (go figure), and the mixture of smells in our fridge (nothing is out of date or off, I just can’t stomach the combined smells). Still able to feed Baldric both biscuits and dog meat though, which I’m happy with.

Constipation

I won’t go into too much detail here. You get the idea.


Heartburn

It comes and it goes….not consistent though – oj can do it, as can milk….

Hooters

Whoever said more than a handful is a waste? Loving this symptom! Need new bra’s. Have a shopping trip booked with Terese on Monday – just added bra’s to my wishlist.

2 comments:

Cenna said...

Hey there Rach,
well by the list of symptoms it certainly sounds as though Boo is doing all the right things! Get plenty of rest NOW while you can, and whilst this sounds stupid enjoy every experience even the not so good ones, you will laugh at them soon enough!!
Love ya lots
xx

Rach-n-Rod said...

Hey hey!! I getcha - if I have a day with no symptoms, I freak out!

Definately resting...

Love ya**